Saturday, March 22, 2008

happy easter, here come the peeps

Happy Easter, Passover...Because I didn't grow up in the states, it took me a number of years to figure out why my coworkers were crazy about peeps - which were these little marshmallow bird candies. All I knew is that after Easter, you'd see piles of them laid out on tables in the main hallway - where hopefully, somebody, anybody would eat them. I don't actually think they taste very good, but they are cute.

Anyway, for the second year in a row, Washington Post has held this contest of dioramas that must be created with peeps. I just looked at the photo gallery and it is spectacular looking at the finalists. Incredibly clever, smart, inspiring.

Take a look. (There will probably be a commercial you have to watch before you see the photo gallery.)

No comments: