Thursday, February 21, 2008

4 Jobs I Wish I Had

Aside from being a dancer or karaoke queen....

1. Test Pilot / Fighter Pilot -- I went to this great exhibition when I was 14 years old and really was intrigued by this idea. Also, I read The Right Stuff, and loved learning about the astronauts as well. So I guess Test Pilot and Astronaut are both up there. I've always been interested in science, even if I got a C in biology at Brown. I just couldn't figure out the tests.

2. Food writer / Travel writer -- this is usually what I would end up blogging about...but if I could make a living out of it, I surely would. I don't even think I'm the most observant person -- really, that would be my mother -- but I think I would make up for it in enthusiasm.

3. Fashion critic / stylist -- I already have an internal conversation going on as I love to people watch and think about how I'd improve
what they are wearing. Pleated pants should be abolished for all men, except the ultra skinny. And no low rise jeans for women with shirts that don't cover all the way -- the dreaded muffin top look is just not good for anyone.

4. Managing a baseball team, or at least working for ESPN or MLB.com in some capacity....oh, words escape me on how excited I would be. It kind of takes me back to my first real job, when I was producing sports mini-documentaries for Chinese television.

No comments: